The historic french shoe House dating back to 1904, formerly known as "Ernest Chausseur", began with a shoe shop opposite the famous Moulin Rouge at the time of cabarets and theaters. Ernest is then a sensation with his high heels models, considered as indecent at the time. Building on its success, the House opened a second store. In the 50s, Ernest exported its products internationally with the appearance of sales catalogs. In the 1970s, Helmut Newton, seduced by the vertiginous heels, photographed Ernest shoes and brought a new dimension to the fashion House. Karl Lagerfeld then designed models for the House in the 80s, the era of the Palace and Parisian nights. The brand is now called "Maison Ernest Paris" and belongs to Isabelle Bordji, who brings a breath of fresh air to the brand.