Fendi was founded in 1925 by Adèle and Eduardo Fendi. The reputation of the House will be built around their expertise in fur and leather goods. The 5 girls of the couple called the "5 fingers of the hand" will resume a few years later the family business by sharing the different departments of the company. Karl Lagerfeld will bring a new lease of life to Fendi in 1965 by reworking the furs to make them more attractive and by bringing the new double F logo. For more than 50 years, he has headed the House’s Artistic Direction with Silvia Venturini Fendi, in charge of accessories.